Mold Remediation

Red Rock Clean Air offers its residential and commercial customers in St. George, Utah, the best in mold cleanup and remediation services.

Mold is our enemy, and it’s all around us — even if we don’t see or smell it. Mold can grow in areas that stay wet for 48 hours or longer. This is why you so often find it in places such as the shower, where the water runs frequently and there isn’t much ventilation to allow it to evaporate quickly.

The most common place homeowners have mold problems is in their basement. This living space is below ground, there’s little sunlight or ventilation, and the earth behind the walls exudes moisture.

When mold growth is a problem in other areas of your home, it is often due to a leak. Whether it’s a pipe, your roof or a drain trap, leaks generally result in mold.

Left unchecked, mold can spread, destroying your walls, floors, ceilings and household goods.

Worse, it can make you sick — very sick.

Mold Poisoning

Mold spores can bring on a host of symptoms, including:

  • Congestion
  • Runny nose
  • Coughing
  • Wheezing
  • Itching
  • Nosebleeds

You may feel like you have a cold that just won’t go away, or lingering allergy symptoms. The effects are worse on asthma sufferers.

Sometimes you don’t even know the mold is there. It could be inside your walls or under your floorboards. The only signs you may notice are a musty odor and a lingering cough.

Mold can cause a whole host of unpleasant symptoms, including burning, watery, itchy eyes, wheezing, coughing, headaches, rashes and more. You may think it’s a cold or your allergies flaring up, but when symptoms last for weeks or months and all the doctor can do is give you another inhaler, it’s time to see if it’s mold.

How Do You Know if You Have  a Mold Infestation?

Usually, you can see it. It’s often black, but it also may be brown, green, yellow or pink. Recognizing what is and isn’t mold is the first step in combating this problem.

However, you may have a mold infestation and never see any mold. You may be able to smell it, however. Mold has a damp and musty odor. Some people think this is just the way a basement or a garage smells, but it’s not — or it’s not supposed to. It’s mold.

What Should You Do if You Suspect a Mold Infestation?

Call Red Rock Clean Air, and we will come swab the surfaces in your home for mold, and we’ll test the air as well. If any of the results are positive, we’ll return to eradicate this insidious living organism.

Because bleach fumes can also be toxic, we use other products to clean the mold out of your home. We scrub down walls, floors, ceilings and furniture — anywhere mold is present (although not all items may be savable).

As part of the process, we determine what triggered the mold infestation. Was it a leak? Do your gutters need to be cleaned more often? Should you put a dehumidifier in the basement? We’ll give you our professional recommendations.

Don’t let mold take ahold of your home or office. Call Red Rock Clean Air today.

CALL US TODAY FOR EXPERT AIR DUCT CLEANING SERVICES!